Go Down

Topic: beginning serial robot control help (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulS

I guess I missed the print() and println() statements in the Processing code that demonstrate that CODED, UP, DOWN, etc. are valid names and that they correspond to the arrow keys.

Ta_anders

hey, so i finally got my servos, and tried to run the code connected over usb, but got this error in processing:

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
at serial_control.keyPressed(serial_control.java:52)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet.dequeueKeyEvents(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

can anyone tell me what is wrong? It doesn't list a code line that the error occurs in, so I have no idea what to fix. also the rx led on the arduino isn't blinking, so it obviously isn't recieving anything (right?). thanks.
where am I?

Ta_anders

wow... 4 days and no reply? is this just some weird error that no one knows how to fix? what could I do to get around this error?
thanks
where am I?

zoomkat

wow... 4 days and no reply? is this just some weird error that no one knows how to fix? what could I do to get around this error?
thanks

What issues are you having with your arduino code? Have you tried a processing forum for your processing issues?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Ta_anders

would this be more appropriate in another forum? I didn't want to start a new one when i already made this one. and i'm not having arduino issues, but I may after i get this bug fixed, so i wanted to stick to a single topic. thanks.
where am I?

Go Up