Go Down

Topic: Adding sensor results? (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic

TomDev

Hello, I am currently working on a project where i am using the arduino to weigh small amounts. I am using a load cell and im converting the voltage changes to pounds. I want to have a total of every weight that is applied to the arduino over a period of time, can anyone tell me what is the best way to do this, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks, TomDev.

Graynomad

Is this a trick question?

Just add each reading to a total. Make sure the total variable is large enough to hold the expected value.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

TomDev

Hey Rob cheers for the reply ,sorry no not a trick question im just extremely new to arduino and im not a programmer. With one sensor what kind of code would i use to add each reading to a total variable, thanks.

Graynomad

long total = 0;
#define COWS_NOT_HOME 1

while (COWS_NOT_HOME)
    total += get_reading_from_sensor();

:)
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

robtillaart

@TomDev

Welcome to Arduino land,
If you are new to the forum I would strongly advise you to spend a week or so on the reference and tutorial section of arduino.cc
There are a lot of sketches there that will learn you a lot about the HOW of the Arduino language, and how to do some things.
You will see a lot of code snippets that might be useful for your project.

The application you want to make is a good project to get started with - although the load-sensor can cause headaches depending on its interface.

BTW I can't give you any example sketch as I don't know the type of load cell you are using. The pseudo code above is in fact the right direction how to do it!

Regards,
Rob
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Go Up