Go Down

Topic: Presence detector (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

crocoscore

I have a "Pyroelectric Passive Infrared Sensor" and I want to know how to make a presence detector, simply and with minimal component (and Arduino).
It's look like this sensor RE200B.
Do you think that it is possible to directly put the Source (or Drain, I don't know), on an analogic port ? Otherwise, how must I proceed ?

Thanks !

Ps: I'm beginning to really love this forum and this community. It's really pleasant to chat with interested people, to find answer... Receive hello from a young French  :P
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new", Albert Einstein.

MisterResistor

Take a look at some of the sketches designed around a "Hall Effect" sensor. This device looks like an IR version of the magnetic Hall effect sensor. Where did you get this device? Looks interesting.

crocoscore

MaJiG

So, you want to just use the RE 200 B sensor from the board -- but not the board?

Pin 1 -- Vdd -- Directly to +5VDC
Pin 2 -- Vout -- 47k ohm resistor to Pin 3 (ground)
Pin 3 -- Ground

You can attach Vout (pin 2) to an Arduino analog input pin. I might place a 0.1uFd in parallel with the resistor.

You should get readings from 0 to 800 or so, methinks.

crocoscore

It works, I have oscillation between 100 and 250 or so (with AnologReadSerial). But I think it just measures temperature. It's a little bit bizarre...

Go Up