Go Down

Topic: SD Shield Problem with DS18S20 or Visa Versa (Read 274 times) previous topic - next topic

evermore99

Hello Fellow Arduinoids,

i encountered a nice problem with my Arduino Uno, and 2 DS18S20 sensors and a SD Shield.

for some reason which i dont understand, the communication between the SD Shield and writing data to a SDcard works flawlessly, but without the DS18S20. I tried them on the Digital pin 7 on a ladyada SD Shield. It creates a file then stops and doesnt show the data being written to a file. if i comment out the DS18S20 part the SD Shield will work flawlessly again. so i started looking on the Forum about the 1 Wire, and 4 Wire protocols. What i noticed is that the are included on different pins, but for some reason they still communicate with each other.

The question is how can i log data from my Temperature sensors, and show them on the Serial Monitor?

elsewise i have to go back to the all consuming pin configuration of the LM35s which will chew up 4 analog pins for a full scale measurement.
and use a not so accurate SRTC(software Real Time Clock).

I really would like to know the answers to the problem and how it can be solved. Because i think the DS18S20 are more reliable and have less heat disturbances compared to the Full scale LM35 schematics/configuration.

Tx for the replies and answers.

sincerly Yours

B

PaulS

Code: [Select]
  //Write here the analog/digital inputs/outputs
  pinMode(SA0, INPUT);             //def Pin TEMP INTERNAL +
  pinMode(SA1, INPUT);             //def Pin TEMP INTERNAL -
  pinMode(SA2, INPUT);             //def Pin TEMP EXTERNAL +
  pinMode(SA3, INPUT);    //def Pin TEMP EXTERNAL -
  pinMode(SA4, INPUT);             //def Pin Current Sensor
  pinMode(SA5, INPUT);             //def Pin Voltage Sensor

Wrong. The pinMode() function does nothing with analog pins. You are screwing with the serial pins.

pinMode(10,OUTPUT);                         // Needed for SD
But not in loop(). This belongs in setup().

Is it necessary, on every pass through loop(), to locate the temperature sensor again?

//delay(1000);     // maybe 750ms is enough, maybe not
For sure, 70 nanoseconds is not.

celsius = (float)raw / 16.0;
  fahrenheit = celsius * 1.8 + 32.0;
// Serial.print("Temperature=");
Serial.print(celsius);

Why are you computing fahrenheit? You never use it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy