Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: which board do I have??  (Read 442 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

What I purchased was advertised as an arduino duemilanove, it says arduino "UNO" on it.

Trying to find it on the "getting started" page, I assume its the Arduino "Due" for "Duemilanove" but it looks nothing like the picture describing the serial ports as the whole board is too big.

So I think.. maybe its the mini? I click on mini and see its a smaller long board compared to my own. After scrolling down I see one like mine is a "Regular" board, described as an Arduino NG which is exactly like mine except mine still has the AT mega.

So where exactly can I find the getting started for MY "regular" arduino board????

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Hi,

Arduino Duemilanove was the model prior to the Uno and they're still commonly made & sold.  Check here for more specs.  It is very close to the Uno in spec, but has different hardware for the USB interface. 

Cheers ! Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Sweden
View Profile

show us a picture of the board.. Which IC is the board using, Atmega328p, atmega168p.. The FTDI/USB part, which chip is it using, atmega8u2/16u2 or FTDI 232RL?

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

What I purchased was advertised as an arduino duemilanove, it says arduino "UNO" on it.

"Duemilanove" means "2009" in Italian. The Duemilanove was made in 2009 and is the precursor to the Uno.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDuemilanove

An Arduino Uno is newer/better than a Duemilanove.

I assume its the Arduino "Due" for "Duemilanove" but it looks nothing like the picture describing the serial ports as the whole board is too big.

"Arduino Uno" means "Arduino 1"

"Arduino Due" means "Arduino 2"

The Arduino 2 is a 32 bit ARM based Arduino.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:44:41 pm by fungus » Logged

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

You can try and match it up with those products shown here:

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Boards

Lefty

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Trying to find it on the "getting started" page, I assume its the Arduino "Due" for "Duemilanove" but it looks nothing like the picture describing the serial ports as the whole board is too big.
Due is a brand new board released in the past year.  It has absolutely nothing in common with the Duemilanove.

So where exactly can I find the getting started for MY "regular" arduino board????
As others have stated, you should probably post a picture of it.  Or at least identify the USB to Serial chip it is using.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: