Go Down

Topic: IDE fails to find system libraries? (Read 405 times) previous topic - next topic

Msquare

Compilation (Verify) fails saying it can not find LiquidCrystal.h (also tried Stepper.h - same problem).

I have downloaded the Merlin package to drive 3D printers. It compiles fine on my WIN XP, my laptop with Win7(Enterprise) but fails on another Win7(Pro) machine. OK, the Merlin is a large package, so I tried with a sketch from Examples-LiquidCrystal. Same problem/symptoms.

Fresh download of the Arduino software did not help.  If I mess with the keywords.txt file in the LiquidCrystal system library (and restart) then it correctly fails to color keywords I have removed - so it can find&read the library-directory.

I've done this lots of times on other machines so I am looking for a clue what to check for. Out of ideas....

(As a workaround - what would be a simple way to copy the .hex file from the working machine and upload on the nonworking one?)

Coding Badly

This compiles without error...

Code: [Select]
#include <whatever.h>  // <<<<<<<<<< No whatever.h on this computer!

void setup( void ) { }
void loop( void ) { }

Post the verbose output from a compilation attempt.

Msquare

Thanks. I do not have access to that machine unless I travel accross town which is a hassle so it will be some time before I get the verbose output. But IIRC it simply says that in a given submodule it fails to find the file "LiquidCrystal.h". Then come all the following errors due to the missing header/prototypes.

I took along my laptop, compiled and uploaded to the Arduino, and then moved the USB to the mystery machine to drive it from the printerapplication (Pronterface). Its not a good solution. (I forgot to snapshot the error messages :( but it still fails compile)

I'll return as soon as I have more info. Anyone have some suggestion what to try or workaround?

Msquare

Go Up