Go Down

Topic: analog connection between 2 Arduinos -not i2c or serial (Read 665 times) previous topic - next topic

carbon_adam

I have 2 Arduinos, one for running accelstepper and the other for using firmata so I can send values from pc.  I did this because I was having a hard time getting serial communication to work correctly and have the accelstepper running at the same time.  So my thought now was to use the PWM out from one Arduino to analog in on the other.  I cant use i2c or serial, I guess the simplest way would be if there was some way for the second Arduino to read the pwm directly without having to make an analog to digital converter. 
has anyone done this before?  Any help links to something simple would be fantastic.

BillHo

How about using the VirtualWire lib but connected by hard wired.

VirtualWire
Interface Arduino to low cost RF wireless modules to provide high performance transmitters, receivers and transceivers for data. Circuit diagrams and documentation here, download here.

http://playground.arduino.cc//Main/InterfacingWithHardware#wireless

HazardsMind

I cant use i2c or serial
What about softserial?
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

James C4S

So my thought now was to use the PWM out from one Arduino to analog in on the other. 

Why bother with an analog in?  PWM isn't analog, it's digital.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

pylon

I cant use i2c or serial

Why? Maybe we can solve that problem better than your suggested solution to it.

Go Up