Go Down

Topic: P=V*I applied on DC resistor circuits. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

be80be

Yeah but 12 Ohms is little more than a dead short....

Yep and could look like a glowing heater if you used the right wire, or put it in a bulb and make some light.

fungus

Yeah but 12 Ohms is little more than a dead short....

Yep and could look like a glowing heater if you used the right wire, or put it in a bulb and make some light.

I've seen those big resistors bolted to metal plates and to heat them up (eg. in 3D printers where they want the base plate to be hot).
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

James C4S

Pick too small of a power rating and it will be a LER for a short time.

(Light Emitting Resistor)
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

JimboZA

(Light Emitting Resistor)

XD ... must remember that one
Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

jackrae

Albuino

All other responders have basically stated that the dissipated power is indeed 48watts.

However, what you need to ask yourself is "Why do I not trust or believe calculations derived from very basic equations that I claim to understand" 

This is not intended as a criticism but rather a suggestion that you need to enhance your experience in the application of theory before you replace it by intuition. 

Go Up