Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting bad servos into geared motors?  (Read 504 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have some servos with bad electronics. I'm in the process of converting them into geared motors by removing the electronics and the pin that limits the servos to 180 degrees. I found out that two servos also have bad motors inside them. Is it possible to replace the bad motors with new ones? I searched the Internet and I think that I can't find the right size of motor or I have to buy at least 100 motors from a company in China. The code on the motor is 1723RE-19120. It is about 17mm in diameter and about 27mm in length.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Is it possible to replace the bad motors with new ones?

Unless there is something special about the broken servo, probably easier and cheaper to just get a new servo and modify if needed.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__84__189__Servos_Parts-All_Servos.html

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Faraday Member
View Profile

Would it not depend on how the electronics was broken ?

If the position feedback potentiometer was broken,  you could remove it and convert to a motor.    But you
would need the rest of the electronics to be working  for the PWM input to work, I would have thought.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Would it not depend on how the electronics was broken ?

If the position feedback potentiometer was broken,  you could remove it and convert to a motor.    But you
would need the rest of the electronics to be working  for the PWM input to work, I would have thought.

A basic geared motor has two power wires with no electronics.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

View Profile

I visited Hobby King's website but they list torque in kg-cm only. They don't list torque in oz-in. Any suggestions?

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I visited Hobby King's website but they list torque in kg-cm only. They don't list torque in oz-in. Any suggestions?

Google perhaps?  smiley-roll

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=convert+kg-cm+oz-in&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

View Profile

I am confused about geared motors that I can buy in stores such as http://www.robotshop.com/spur-gearmotors.html. I thought that geared motors are more powerful than servos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: