Go Down

Topic: +- tolerances from a signal (Read 477 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm running an RC tx/rx setup on my bot for motion until I get the speech rec polished for voice control. Hardware is a 3 channel RC unit (only using 2 channels though) being read by a Mega ADK board running a pair of brushed DC motors through an Adafruit Motor Shield. I've read as much as I can find online and am confident that this will work the way I want it to, mostly basing my code and setup on the tutorials from http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/05/interfacing-rc-channels-to-l293d-motor.html.

I've calibrated my RC set as best I can. The 2 channels in use are throttle and turn with the following pulse values after calibration: Throttle: neutral = 1410, full ahead=1800, full brake/reverse = 1200. Turn: neutral=1400, full left = 1000, full right = 1800.

The problem: The above listed values are not solid, rather they all have a range somewhere between +- 10 and +- 20.

The question: How do I program that in? ie: For sitting at idle/stop, I am thinking I would program the equivalent of the following psuedocode:

Code: [Select]

ch1 = throttle position
read ch1
if ch1 = 1410
    some mapping of read value to - 255 to 255

But neutral is not always 1410. It ranges anywhere between 1400-1420 ish. Is it as simple as
if 1400<ch1<1420?

regards, Richard

Code: [Select]

if ((ch1 > 1400) && (ch1 < 1420)) {

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131