Go Down

Topic: Send a signal to COM ports (Arduino Mega Shield) (Read 406 times) previous topic - next topic

Mikado

Hello everyone,

as it is said in the title, I am currently working with an Arduino Mega 2560 as a microcontroller with an Arduino Shield from DFRobot (here it is a picture of the shield : http://i.imgur.com/YmDhiBH.png). My project is to build a Hexapod, so I want to connect the servo driver boards to the COM ports from the shield. After connecting the different elements to each other, I wanted to check if the signal was running along the whole circuit. That's why I used a LED with a resistor to check. I put it on the COM ports (the side with the resistor on the Ground, and the other one on the TX) and I noticed that no signal was running through it. I searched into the Net and I read that I need to use a code which will permit to send a signal to these ports.

So I searched again on the Net but I haven't been able to find such a code. That's why I'm asking here if anyone knows this kind of code and could help me to resolve my issue.

Thanks a lot for reading my thread and good Sunday :)

Grumpy_Mike

To use com ports on the Mega you use the Serial.write calls for com port 0 and the Serial1. Serial2. And Serial3. Calls for the other ports.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy