Go Down

Topic: Creating a gadget that turns accelerometer input into sound and light (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello There!

I'm pretty new to Arduino, but I'm quite interested in using one for a project of mine.

I'm trying to make a gadget intended to be used with bicycles/micro-scooters that clips onto the handlebar and measures the speed/acceleration of the user.

The gadget will be used to emulate the sound of something like a motorbike or hovercraft or something fun (thinking about the Jetsons here), and I thought that the intensity or volume of the sound could be controlled by the speed of movement

As another smaller feature, I was thinking of a row of LEDs that could be used as an indication of how fast the user is going - like a really basic speedometer.

I would like to ask if this is possible, and if so, could anybody suggest what components I should buy to try this out?

I currently own an Arduino Uno (r3), an ADXL335, plus a bunch of basic components included in the starter kit - I was wondering if I could use any of these to start off with? (I also have an Adafruit Wave Shield1.1, though I think I need to resolder it as it cannot read the SD card I use)

Thank you so much for your time.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131