Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Controlling LED's from Computer Keyboard  (Read 2217 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, I've decided that Arduino would be the best way to complete my project. This is my first time attempting a project with Arduino and I have a few questions before I start buying materials.

I want to use Arduino to control an LED every time I push the Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock buttons. I've read up on the PhysicalPixel (here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/PhysicalPixel) but that uses letter keys. Would my three keys work?

If yes, I noticed that there are many models of Ardunio which one should I get for that purpose? (Do I need to get anything else extra?)

Also, on the PhysicalPixel page, there is a whole bunch of code to control the LED, what do I need to copy if I'm using Processing and how would I use that to communicate with the Arduino?

Sorry for the newbie questions  smiley-confuse

View Profile

PhysicalPixel uses an existing serial monitor program to send keystrokes to the Arduino. You would have to write a program on your computer to detect state changes on the various keys and send a signal to the Arduino.  The arduino part is really simple.

It's not a hard program but it's not really an Arduino problem.

View Profile

Thanks for the info, what Arduino should I buy?

HK
Micro
View Profile

You should use Any Arduino .. smiley

Peter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: