ARDUINO 1.5.5 BETA 2013.11.28
The 1.5 library format is under heavy review on the Arduino Developers mailing list.
We suggest to delay the adoption of the new format until a stable 1.5.x is released.
* Added missing keywords: YunServer, YunClient, pow
* Improved folder ignore: now hidden, starting with a dot, and SCCS folders are ignored
* Improved auto format: now handled by Artistic Style http://astyle.sourceforge.net/
* Improved SSH uploader (Arduino Yun): uses file ~/.ssh/config if available.
Allows public key only authentication and ssh servers listening on ports other than 22.
* Font anti-aliasing now ON by default (users will have to either delete or manually edit their preferences.txt file)
* Added warning message when opening sketches with additional files with illegal names
* (windows) Upgraded embedded Java runtime to version 7: much faster startup
* Improved files open/save dialogs
* Added line numbers, can be enabled/disabled from preferences (Cayci Gorlitsky)
* Removed check on forbidden file in 1.5 formatted libraries (#1692)
* (windows) Updated msys-1.0.dll to the latest version (Windows 8.1 compatibility)
* Using [ code] tag instead of [ quote] in "Copy for forum". Removed color coding.
* When an hardware addon reference another core also the libraries are referenced.
* It's now possible to specify additional custom board parameters from command line.
* Sketches path can be relative (#1493)
* Example and Boards are now scrollable.
* Fixed localization issues that sometimes prevented the IDE to start.
* Added "Using library..." debugging message in verbose compile.
* Improved preprocessor (fixes #1653, #1687, #817, #1293, #1245)
* Fixed StringStartsWithEndsWith, KeyboardMessage, LCD CustomCharacter, Blink without delay, SD List files, Arduino Robot examples
* Added PID/VID for older Arduinos
* (mac) Improved board autodetection on Mac OS X
* Bridge: Fixed buffer overflow in File::doBuffer() (dreggy)
* Bridge: Fixed timeout in Bridge::transfer()
* Bridge: Fixed return value of Bridge::get(..) (returning 0 with valid data len >0)
* Bridge: Implemented multi-byte File::read(..)
* sam: Fixed SPI initialization (when using extended API and multiple CS)
* Partially fixed the behavior of EthernetClient::flush(), now it doesn't discard
incoming data BUT it doesn't wait for outgoing data to be successfully transmitted.
* Esplora: Added support for display GREENTAB_L
* sam: Fixed wrong initialization for ADC timings (analogRead speed Arduino DUE improved by a factor x10) https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1418
* avr: Fixed wrong extended fuses on Arduino Yún when using external programmer
* Added LED_BUILTIN metadata in variant files
* avr: Refactored Mega* variants definitions in boards.txt (Kristian Sloth Lauszus)
* avr: Removed File object destructor. In order to free memory allocated by a File object the safest way is to call its close() method
* Added digitalPinToInterrupt variant macro (Paul Stoffregen)
* avr: added variant file for Arduino Ethernet
* Added SERIAL_* metadata in variants files (Paul Stoffregen)