Go Down

Topic: substituting another compiler for avr-g++ (Read 807 times) previous topic - next topic

bill2009

I am really in the weeds here and any contribution would be gratefully accepted.

I am attempting to use the IDE with another compiler(LCC re-targeted for a 1970's microprocessor). 

At the moment, I'm just replacing the avr-xxx modules in  C:\...\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\tools\avr\bin with stubs that invoke my compiler.

My puzzle is a discrepancy between the commands the compiler displays and the parameters my stub says it's getting. 
For example - the IDE displays
Code: [Select]
C:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++
-c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega644p
-DF_CPU=1600000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=103
-IC:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\variants\standard C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Temp\build2832089004955701964.tmp\Blink.cpp
-o C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Temp\build2832089004955701964.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

but my stub sees
Code: [Select]
Command-line arguments:   argv[0]   C:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++,   
argv[1-13]=...   
argv[14]   -IC:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino,   
argv[15]   -IC:\apps\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\variants\standard,   
argv[16]   Blink.cpp,   argv[17]   -o,   argv[18]   Blink.cpp.o,]

i.e., the path information is missing from the input and output file names.  could this be transmitted some different way like an environment variable?  Seems unlikely but ...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy