Go Down

Topic: DUE shield Eagle file (Read 4762 times) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

Mar 12, 2013, 10:03 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:02 pm by cowasaki Reason: 1
I've created an Eagle library file for the DUE to make it easier to create shields/prototyping boards.

I thought I would share it with you nice people :)

I can't work out how to delete the extra "Package" of a MEGA shield but will sort it and upload another later.

Thanks to MMCPIX for original Mega shield.

gutbag

FYI, the header with pins 8, 9, 10 etc. needs to be at the weird 'mistake' position, not on the 0.05" grid. You can get the correct positions from the Eagle files for Uno etc.

Also worth considering adding bRestrict pads so that the autorouter doesn't try to route a pad to the bottom side of a Due connector pin - you can't solder those because the connector body is in the way. I've also found it useful to add vRestrict areas to prevent Eagle from putting vias too close the connectors (but that's because I have to use pins for vias).

Hope that helps...

cowasaki

Thanks, I will look at all that.....

cowasaki

Just checked and the header 8-SCL1 lines up against my DUE....  This shield started life as my MEGA shield which I've made boards from and that lined up........  Or am I missing something.

cowasaki

New version with better labels for debug header and shaping around the new pins that don't appear on the header.  Still looking at the bit about bRestrict pads.

gutbag

I just had a look at the reference Eagle files and pin 8 seems to be 0.160" from pin 7. I suppose the extra 0.01" isn't enough to cause a problem.

cowasaki

Also worth considering adding bRestrict pads so that the autorouter doesn't try to route a pad to the bottom side of a Due connector pin - you can't solder those because the connector body is in the way. I've also found it useful to add vRestrict areas to prevent Eagle from putting vias too close the connectors (but that's because I have to use pins for vias).

I've added a 2nd library with the restrict areas added.

cowasaki

I've sussed out how to delete the spurious MEGA shield and merged the two DUE shields into one file.  New version uploading now.....

Snubnose

Hi and thanks first of all for the library.
As far as I can see the +5V and die GND of the SPI header should be switched. This caused a short in my first pcb :)
Thanks anyways

codlink

Yet, he's right, the 5V and GND pins need to be switched on the ICSP.
//LiNK

cowasaki

Sorry about that chaps :D

I've fixed it now (hopefully).

cowasaki

Standby.....  Just fixing it again!!

cowasaki

I really have fixed it now :)

Go Up