A gold wedding band can turn near incandescent in mere seconds
I used to work in telephone exchanges, where the 48V bus bars were bare.
However, the bus bars were stacks
of centimetre-thick copper plates.
They were fed from banks of bathtub-sized lead-acid batteries, and main fuses were rated in high hundreds of amps.
We were told the (no doubt apocryphal) tale of the painter who put his paint pot across the bars, and pebble-dashed the ceiling as the metal pot vapourised.
Much later, we used 5V 200amp supplies to blow out internal shorts on multi-layer PCBs.
I still take off my metal bracelet watch when working on high amp gear.