Go Down

Topic: Checking on which pins to use for SoftwareSerial library (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic

lightaiyee

Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

Cybernetician

Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial
From Idea To Invention

afremont

Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9.  It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.
Experience, it's what you get when you were expecting something else.

lightaiyee

Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9.  It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.

Thanks a lot. You probably have saved me a lot of trouble.

Go Up