Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Checking on which pins to use for SoftwareSerial library  (Read 236 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

View Profile

Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial

From Idea To Invention

texas
God Member
old, but not dead
View Profile

Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9.  It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.

Experience, it's what you get when you were expecting something else.

View Profile

Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9.  It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.

Thanks a lot. You probably have saved me a lot of trouble.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: