I am trying to remotely program an Atmega328 with UNO bootloader using an XBEE.
For the reset line, I use XBEE's I/O line passing, with the programming done via the XBEE's serial link. The /RST, TX, and RX signals at the transmitting XBEE and remote Arduino show proper levels and polarity. But I get an error message (a sync error after 3 retries) when trying to program it using Arduino's AVR to write to the transmitting XBEE. On other projects that are programmed in the usual way, I have seen this message when there was a problem with reset levels or timing.Does anyone know of either:
1) a way to program Atmega328s remotely via XBEE
2) a reference document for the bootloader/AVR with a description of the loading process, especially timing and state diagrams?
- I am using the most recent releases of Arduino and bootloader.
- Programming was tried at 9600 and 57600. XBEE to XBEE communication was fully verified at both baud rates, but with no programming success.
- Reset at remote XBEE came from an I/O thru a 0.1uF cap to the /RST pin pulled up with 10K. A direct connection between XBEE and /RST was also tried.