I've been reading a lot and just ordered my arduino uno kit + 5v stepper motor + ULN2003
I have a background in mechanical engineering but not so much in electrical, what I want to accomplish is a mount for a camera that will spin around its axis on different speeds with emphasize on low speeds (such as 180 degrees in 6 hours) and i have a couple of questions:
1. Could anyone hook me up with detailed pictures on how to hook up the setup on a breadboard?
2. Could I use a 12v battery connected to the ULN2003 to power the motor?
3. What I need programming wise is to control the speed which I guess is the delay between each micro step? Could I still capture a fluent video over a long time lapse even though the motion is not continues and stops with a certain delay at each step? I was thinking that I should connect the motor with a timing belt to a larger gear so that I could achieve low speed with smaller delay time to achieve smoothness, what do you guys think?
4. Any code template that fits my description + processing that I can start with and make my own?
5. Perhaps I should take the approach of connecting my dslr camera to the arduino and take a pic every certain amount of time while the motor moves the rotating platform? If so, could you direct me to a similar project which explains the components needed, schemes and stuff to accomplish?
Thank you guys very much !
Great forum !