Go Down

Topic: Code libraries & gibberish - SHARP LM5Q32 lcd assistance needed. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Dirka

Hello everyone

I'm new to coding, well a bit rusty so just starting from scratch again. I've managed to salvage 3 Sharp LM5Q32 5" displays from my work from redundant devices. My first thing I want to do is to test whether these units still work so I was hoping to just color in the LCD one color to confirm this.

The display has a parallel interface that operates from 5V logic. It's 240 line with 320 pixels per line with each pixal being RGB, so 960 inputs per line. It's got a 24V connection on the 20pin connector as well as on the back light tube. Then there is a 5V input on the 20 pin connector to power the display driver on the LCD itself. 5 off the 20 pins are used for grounding.

It's got a "scan stat-up signal - YD" input to move to a new line once a line is completed (Must receive a high pulse of 5V for a min. time of 100 ns)
It's got a "input latch signal - LP" input to signal when the line have been completed (Must receive a high pulse of 5V for a min. time of 100 ns)
It's got a "data input clock signal - XCK" to signal when the parallel data have been relayed successfully and that you can move on to the next byte of data. (Must receive a high pulse of 5V for a min. time of 35 ns)
It's got a "display control signal - DISP" which can be used in conjunction with a power switch, still 5V in to trigger the display on or off.

With 960 inputs per line it means that XCK must be clocked 120 times i.e. 960 / 8 = 120.

I was hoping to be able to use Lady Yada's library (http://www.ladyada.net/products/tfttouchbreakout/) but it is all a bit gibberish to me so I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me whether I will be able to use it or not? The difference I've noted is that I don't see a move to new line command or line finished command or something along that line? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Datasheets:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/43118/SHARP/LM5Q32.html
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sharp%20LM5Q32-datasheet.html

Other specifications:
Panel Type: CSTN LCD Panel
Resolution: 320(RGB)x240QVGA
Display Mode: STN, Normally black, Transmissive
Responce Time: 150/50 (Typ.)(Tr./Td)

Be excellent in everything you do, this will propel you forward in more ways then you realize. Be patient and slow to anger and you will see your standing grow with the people around you.

Dirka

OK so I've been doing a LOT of research on the question that I've posted previously and it seems that I've had it all wrong. I need a LCD driver IC for the STN LCD which is what I'm currently researching. I will post an update when I manage to make some progress again.
Be excellent in everything you do, this will propel you forward in more ways then you realize. Be patient and slow to anger and you will see your standing grow with the people around you.

rubberbrick

Dirka

Hello Sir

I have dropped this as I figured out that the LCD panel that I've salvaged doesn't have an on-board driver. What this means is that I will have to get a driver IC and interface it with the LCD panel. This was too much of an effort and the driver IC was more expensive then a small mono color GLCD 128 x 64 pixels that was more than enough for what I required for my project.

Go Up