Go Down

Topic: Long range RFID project planning (Read 179 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi! First poster here...

I am about to start a project which requires reading rfid (passive) from 1-meter distance.

My questions are:

- I am planning to use UNO, which seems powerful enough, since no complex computations will be made. Is there something I am missing here?

- It seems that for a passive rfid the 1 meter distance is quite a lot. Has anyone any ideas? In my prior research I found that higher frequencies may work in such a range...But I got totally confused about the direction I should follow...Maybe I should mod an already existing rfid shield to increase its range...

- My budget is around 50-70euros, for the arduino, the shield and 2-3 rfid tags. How does it sounds?

Note: I am an arduino noob (I've played with an arduino 2-3 times)  but quite experienced with programming.

Thanks!
MR

PaulS

Is there something I am missing here?

The UNO will be sufficient, given the right kind of RFID reader.

- It seems that for a passive rfid the 1 meter distance is quite a lot.

It is. Passive RFID is usually only a centimeter or so. Active RFID is used for longer ranges (but costs a lot more).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy