Go Down

Topic: multisensor inputs? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rickyb

Good evening! :)
I need to measure temperature into a building and out of it, detected at the same time with two sensors. Is it possible to do with Arduino? In a broader view, how many input devices (sensors) is possible to connect to Arduino?
Thanks for your help ::)

Ran Talbott

how many input devices (sensors) is possible to connect to Arduino?

The Arduino has 6 analog inputs.  If you're willing to put up with the loss of precision,  you can use analog multiplexer chips to fan those out to  several dozen.

For temperature,  you can use sensors like the DS1820 series,  and get several inputs on a single digital pin.

So,  at least in theory,  the answer is "more sensors than you can afford to buy"  ;D

Ran

rickyb

;)Many thanks, Ran!
Now, it's time to deepen my knowledge on "analog multiplexer chips" and before on connection between Arduino and sensor. Christmas holidays are a good opportunity ;D
RickyB

MikMo

You should be aware that there are limits for the length of wire you can have between your Arduino and your sensors and still maintain reliable meassuring.

This distance will depend on the sensor, but you shold make sure you know the details for the sensors you choose.

alm7100

Hi  rickyb
at present time, i have 4 DS18B/S20 temp on a long 40m ethernet cabel. on one out af 4 OneWite strings.
3 on the sec. 30m ethernet cabel. Also one wire.
the last 2 is not in uses right now. also in the ethernet cabel is 2 output pins to use at the fare end. And 1 input pin (Int 1) to let the system know i somthing like to talk to the system.

Its all buit on MEGA and ethernet shield.
The shield i am make will containe 2x 24LC512 EEPRom for name storing of the onewire devices (+ a lot of other text and setup and other use in time) and a SD card for webpages and log. And the 4 Strings for OneWire.

Go Up