Go Down

Topic: interfacing a sensor (Read 2970 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

You do not need A1 if you use that circuit I posted. Just connect it up like the schematic tells you to.

kavya_mc

thankyou sir..
now that I have the sensor readings, i have two questions.
1.I want to read the data from arduino to matlab,so once the arduino is programed to read the sensor ,if i disconnect and connect it again can i directly read it to matlab   or do i need to run the program on arduino through arduino IDE again and again?
2. any information on how to read and plot the data on matlab will be helpful...am not satisfied with whatever i got from browsing.
thankyou.

Grumpy_Mike

Once an arduino has a program in it that program will run every time power is applied. There is no need to keep reloading it.
Sorry but I do no use matlab.

kavya_mc

sir, can you provide me with some information/links on cost comparision of various "contactless position sensors" prevalent in the industry.
thankyou.

Grumpy_Mike

What sort of position sensors and what sort of range and precision? Industrial sensors tend to be very expensive due to how robust they ave to be.

kavya_mc

sir ,contactless linear position sensor based on magnetostriction or optical nature or inductive sensor, anything sir. I just need a general idea of cost of the existing contactless linear position sensor.
thankyou

Grumpy_Mike

Most industrial transducers are very expensive and the vendors tend not to put the prices on line. You have to ask them for a quote like this one
http://www.pennyandgiles.com/contactless-linear-position-transducer-pd-50,3,,.php
Ask them for a quote

kavya_mc

hello,
i need to program my arduino to store a look up table, and as and when it reads a value from the sensor, it needs to go through the table and display the value if it finds a match in the table. can anyone provide some suggestion?..
thankyou

Grumpy_Mike

can anyone provide some suggestion?..

Yes several.
1) Start your own thread with this question.
2) Learn about arrays.
3) Learn how to access each element in an array using a for loop.
4) Think if you need or can have an array entry for every possible input value. Think about interpolating between two entries.

Go Up