Go Down

Topic: ABC - Arduino Basic Connections (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

Docedison

I had the great fortune to see these wonderful drawings about a week or so back...
In over 50 years in this industry (Electronics) I have NEVER seen the equivalent. It's one half of a basic electronics course... On Flash Cards...
I did notice that some of the color codes would seriously bear re-visiting.
This work would do VERY WELL WITH IT'S OWN SECTION... IMNSHO IT IS THAT IMPORTANT... on another thought...
I Wonder how long before it shows up on Ebay as part of an "Arduino Training Kit"... Sold By SainSmart?

Bob
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

JimboZA

It's one half of a basic electronics course... On Flash Cards...

Maybe you can write the other half Doc  8)... perhaps a beginner's explanation of the theory of each of the pix, to be printed back-to-back... And of course the "third half" would be a sketch to go with each.
Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Nick Gammon

Every operating system I know of these days supports .zip files because they have been around so long. For example on my Mac it opens them just by double-clicking. And when I RH-click and select "compress X" it produces a .zip file.

As a comparison I took disp11e.pdf (one of the ABC cards) which is 142 kB. I zipped it (on the Mac) and got 85 kB. So, almost half.

Nick Gammon

On the Arduino software downloads page (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software) the Mac version is supplied as a .zip file.

Ubuntu and other Linux variants have zip decompression software either supplied already or available for free.

sonnyyu

1. PDF is to a large extent is compressed Postscript. So would not get any compression program to compress it further or only a little.

2. As extension of PDF, most modern browser is able open it for online read.

3. The zip extension is too wintel centric.

Every operating system I know of these days supports .zip files because they have been around so long. For example on my Mac it opens them just by double-clicking. And when I RH-click and select "compress X" it produces a .zip file.

As a comparison I took disp11e.pdf (one of the ABC cards) which is 142 kB. I zipped it (on the Mac) and got 85 kB. So, almost half.

1- 85/142=1-60%=40%
40% is not a little, good catch.  normal pdf to a large extent is compressed Postscript, like ebook from publisher. compress it further do recieve that much gain. however pdf support much more object other than text. i.e. font, image... at OP case is pdf with embed image.
average zip compress ratio at jpeg is 20-25%. here is 40%. some fine tune might need. This the question for OP, What is app you use?

edit object images at this pdf,

acrobat->view->tool->edit object

pighixxx

Card 11 on line.
Download here

Next cards:

• use i2c to connect a lcd

• connect a Nokia 5200 / 3100 lcd

Thanks to all!

pighixxx

Card 12 on line.
Download here

Next cards:

• connect a Nokia lcd

• drive a stepper motor

Thanks to all!

pighixxx

Graynomad

Really nice work again pighixxx.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

pighixxx

pighixxx

dkerfoot

These are great - Thank you for creating them!

One issue - I am putting them into MS Word so that I can print them out two per page.  (Insert - Object - PDF)

This worked fine up through "a".  After that, none of them display properly.  Did you change the way you are saving the new ones? 

Thanks!

pighixxx

(cut)
This worked fine up through "a".  After that, none of them display properly.  Did you change the way you are saving the new ones? 

Thanks!

Hi dkerfoot,
Yes, I changed the system because someone has taken away my logo (I do not understand are free!). When I finished the work I make a single pdf.
Thank you!

dkerfoot

Great - Thanks!

Do consider a 2-per page option.  That seems to me like the best reference size for these.  Whatever you do - these are a great help to the entire community.  Thank you!

pighixxx

Great - Thanks!

Do consider a 2-per page option.  That seems to me like the best reference size for these.  Whatever you do - these are a great help to the entire community.  Thank you!

Thanks!
Due the high traffic my digital download system has crashed  :|
Site is now on line. I've put direct download to diagrams! (Atmega & Arduino)
Thanks,
Pighixxx

Go Up