Is the post count correct?

In this thread
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,154394.0.html
The OP's post count is shown as being 1 but he has two posts in it!

Is the website software underestimating the number of posts?

At 15 posts per page and 12 on the 396th page I have have 5937 posts. My profile shows only 5923. That means that 14 of my posts are not being counted in my post count. I only started 6 posts so that's probably not it. It might be that replies I made to posts that I started are not being counted.

Grumpy_Mike:
The OP's post count is shown as being 1 but he has two posts in it!

Huh. That is odd. I cannot reproduce it.

Is the website software underestimating the number of posts?

Posts in Bar Sports aren't counted. Other than that and the one you found, I haven't noticed any discrepancies.

Do you not see it? Here are two screen shots of his two posts.

I am on Firefox on a Mac.

P1.png

P2.png

Sorry about that post. Now that I've reread it I can see how ambiguous it is.

Grumpy_Mike:
Do you not see it?

Yes.

Instead of "cannot reproduce it" I should have written that I created a new account, created a few topics and posts, then deleted the whole mess and the count was always accurate.

I demand a recount, I'm sure I've had more posts then Grumpy_Mike. I'm also sure he has been stuffing the ballot box or otherwise gaming the system in his favor. And don't even get me started on PaulS and his post count as I'm sure he is using undocumented C++ functions to manipulate his post count.

Lefty

The reason is that the OP deleted a post which made a nonsense of subsequent posts, so I pulled it out of the recycle bin and merged it back in.
The forum deducted one of the OP's two posts when the item was deleted, but didn't reinstate it when I restored it.

retrolefty:
I demand a recount, I'm sure I've had more posts then Grumpy_Mike. I'm also sure he has been stuffing the ballot box or otherwise gaming the system in his favor. And don't even get me started on PaulS and his post count as I'm sure he is using undocumented C++ functions to manipulate his post count.

Lefty

I fully agree. And while we are at it; a recount of karma is needed as well. ]:smiley: