Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using screen from IPad3  (Read 1764 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Guys,
I have a screen from an ipad3 and i was wondering if it would be possible to hook this up to an arduino mega?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

The iPad 3 screen has 3,145,728 pixels.  The Mega has 8,192 bytes of RAM.  Seems there is a slight mismatch.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Denmark
God Member
Please don't send questions as PM!
View Profile

If you had an ARM microprocessor with LOTS of RAM, maybe even a FPGA to shuffle the pixels out fast, the datasheet for the LCD panel, the touch-controller etc. maybe you could.

I would say that if you have to ask if You can use it with an Arduino, it's way over your league.

Sell the LCD to someone that can use it for it's intended purpose.

// Per.

South England
View Profile

Sell the LCD to someone that can use it for it's intended purpose.

// Per.

...and use the money to buy a more suitable display for your Mega smiley-grin There are some reasonably good serial TFT displays out there for not a lot of money, but you're never going to drive a tablet display without comparable hardware.

When thinking about a project plan, ask yourself if it's been done before, and if not - why not! Technical limitations get in the way of a lot of good ideas. Or at least, they do for me!

New York, NY
"Why should I bother with made-up games when there are so many real ones going on." (c) Kurt Vonnegut
View Profile

You could do amazing things with the iPad and any Arduino if you know how to program both in XCode and the Arduino IDE. You should google it and You should get many tutorials and suggestions.

Arduino Uno R3
Teensy 3.0
Mac OSX Yosemite

View Profile

You could do amazing things with the iPad and any Arduino if you know how to program both in XCode and the Arduino IDE. You should google it and You should get many tutorials and suggestions.

Yeah but OP said he had a spare iPad screen, not the whole thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: