Go Down

Topic: Help in getting servos and PNG to run in sync (Read 2845 times) previous topic - next topic

Yes sir...it works with servos unplugged!  Can I run a separate +9v to power the servos?

No, most servos are only rated for up to 5 or 6 volts. You will either need an external 5v power supply, or put a regulator (like a 7805) on the 9v supply to drop it down to 5 volts.

Jan 02, 2010, 02:27 am Last Edit: Jan 02, 2010, 02:28 am by linusb212 Reason: 1
I powered up the servos with separate power from 4 AA's and it worked!  Man...I really appreciate your help.  In the back of my mind I was thinking maybe it was a power issue but thought "Nah..it's hooked up to the USB so it should have plenty of power for 2 servos and the Ping."  ...I sure was wrong!  Thank you so much...I've spent most of the day trying to debug my code.  Not necessarily a bad thing since giving it that much scrutiny helped me to understand it more.  

Oops...just read your reply about the extra voltage being a no-no.  Will have to figure out something to remedy that.  Glad I now know what the issue is!

4 aa cells are ok, thats around 6 volts. But most servos won't like much more than that

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131