Go Down

Topic: how to increase signal from output pins (Read 883 times) previous topic - next topic

Research1

I am currently working on my senior research project involving hotwire anemometers. I am using the arduino board as a PID controller which will allow for constant temperature control of the tungsten filament. in order to increase the resistance of the cooled filament i need about 1amp and 3volts. This can't be drawn from the board itself and I am trying to figure out some type of power amplifier that is responsive to changes in both voltage and amperage. I am looking into several transistor circuits but if anyone has suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Research1

I have been doing independent research in aeronautics for a while but this is my high school senior project.

chrille

You can do it with just two components: a Transistor and a resistor. Here's a little tutorial on how to do it: http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/Tutorials/HighCurrentLoads

If you scroll down the page a little, it even shows you how to hook up a light bulb.

Hope that helps.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy