Go Down

Topic: Pressure Sensor using hall effect (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a pressure sensor that uses a spring actuated hall in relation to a low and high pressure port. My question is: if the spring the magnet is actuated on is slightly magnetic, will that affect the performance/reaction of the hall sensor?

Thanks for the help.

Erdin

Can you give a link to that sensor ?

Is a magnet attached to the spring ? I assume it is, otherwise the hall sensors can't detect it.
If so, the magnet is far more stronger than the magnetism of the spring.

Is the spring metal ? perhaps it is plastic.

With a reed relay, the metal contacts could be magnetised. That could result into a failing relay. But a hall sensor itself can not be magnetised. The hall sensors (as on/off switches) are also not very sensitive, they need a magnet nearby to switch.
If you want to measure small magnetism, use a HMC5883L magnetometer (compass) as a metal detector. That is a total different order of detection level.

Erdin

Is there a magnet inside ? I can't read about it. I would like to know what kind of magnet.

The PDL-1... type has an spiral spring of steel.
So that spring can be magnetised. Allthough I think that a magnet is far stronger. The influence of the spring would be very little.
If there is a normal magnet inside, the magnetism of it is getting dim over a number of years.
For example, if you have a number of these calibrated and check upon them after 5 years, I wouldn't surprise me if they were off by 20%. But that is just a guess.

If you want to read a endless document about it, search for "Honeywell hallbook" (HALL EFFECT SENSING AND APPLICATION).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy