Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to wire a DISPLAYTECH 162B to Arduino UNO ?  (Read 1269 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Heya there i am new to Arduino UNO so i got a LCD Display model DISPLAYTECH 162b and i want to display characters i have a soldering iron,breadbord,resistors and a lot of jumpers but the thing is that i dont know how to wire them to the LCD Here is the datasheet if you need it:
Displaytech Ltd LCD MODULE 162B SERIES Version : 1.2 P.9 of 17
n INTERFACE PIN CONNECTIONS
Pin NO. Symbol Level Description
1 A --- Backlight anode
2 K --- Backlight cathode
3 VSS 0V Ground
4 VDD 5.0V Supply voltage for logic
5 VO --- Input voltage for LCD
6 RS H/L H : Data signal,  L : Instruction signal
7 R/W H/L H : Read mode, L : Write mode
8 E H, H ® L Chip enable signal
9 DB0 H/L Data bit 0
10 DB1 H/L Data bit 1
11 DB2 H/L Data bit 2
12 DB3 H/L Data bit 3
13 DB4 H/L Data bit 4
14 DB5 H/L Data bit 5
15 DB6 H/L Data bit 6
16 DB7 H/L Data bit 7

Well if i can have a picture were it shows were to solder and after word were i need to put the resistors on the breadboard ? Thank you very much for the help that you will give me but i am new here so i am some kind of confused smiley-grin !!

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Well if i can have a picture were it shows were to solder and after word were i need to put the resistors on the breadboard ? Thank you very much for the help that you will give me but i am new here so i am some kind of confused
Like most of the other LCD modules that have the row of 14 or 16 pins at the lower left of the pc board yours has a nonstandard pinout.  Therefore you have to be very careful with any pictures that are supplied or that are sent to you.

The pin descriptions for your LCD module are quite normal, but the pin numbers and their locations on the pc board are not.

On most boards pin 1 is Vss and it is is closest to the edge of the board.  Pin 14 is DB7, pin 15 is LED K and pin 16 is LED A.  You can see a drawing of the wiring for this setup in the tutorial at --> http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LiquidCrystal.

Your board should work with this tutorial but you will not be able to use the drawing as supplied.  You should instead use the pin descriptions on that drawing but make the connections to the corresponding physical location on your module.

Your best bet is to wire it up and the submit a photo BEFORE you connect the power.

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: