Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: What bracket & servos should I use for a Servo Controlled laser?  (Read 1161 times)
Johannesburg UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

It's making use of the "1 in 60" rule for small angles: Tan of 1 degree is approximately 1/60

Ah, right, relying on the fact that for small theta, tan theta = theta.

Have you looked for answers in the Learning, Reference, Products and Playground tabs on http://arduino.cc/en/ ?
Look here http://electronicsclub.info/ for basic electronics

View Profile

I am attempting to build a 3D Laser Scanner to scan a multitude of objects.
Precision is actually more important than accuracy.
I plan to use a line laser but the width will limit my accuracy.
I am not entirely sure the accuracy I will need since it won't be a flat plane that I am scanning.
Objects shouldn't be larger than 8x8x8in.
Distance will be somewhere around a yard depending on the focal length of the lens I use.
I imagine I need something better than hobby quality?

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

I thought that originally you were looking for 180 degrees travel on one axis and 90 degrees travel on the other. You don't need anything like that to scan a 200mm object at a range of 1000mm.

The greater the travel you need the harder it will be to achieve the resolution, so try to work out what you actually need.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

I thought that originally you were looking for 180 degrees travel on one axis and 90 degrees travel on the other. You don't need anything like that to scan a 200mm object at a range of 1000mm.

The greater the travel you need the harder it will be to achieve the resolution, so try to work out what you actually need.

How much travel do you think I would need?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: