Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Programming an Arduino without IDE  (Read 438 times)
UK
I'm getting too old for complicated programming
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to use an Arduino in a product to help the severely disabled.

To allow me to provide software updates does anyone know if there is a way for me to provide a binary file that can be used to simply programme the Arduino using a programming tool (what?) but not the IDE. 

I wish to do this so I do not need to train non technical users how to use the IDE and to protect my coding as it may be a viable commercial product one day.  (well its a dream :-)

Any help gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Graham

Graham

geo. area called Italia
View Profile

hi

I hope there would be no need to go commercial in order to help disabled people.

If I understand correctly you're looking for a utility to load compiled code directly to the micro-controller, this might be what you're looking for

http://xloader.russemotto.com/

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If you don't want to start a GUI every time you want to upload code, you should just call avrdude directly. I believe you can just download the executable and run it with the appropriate options, which you can find by running an upload job in the IDE with verbose mode enabled.

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I use this one http://www.arduinodev.com/arduino-uploader/ And Enreid's 1.03 version of the IDE. I use the IDE to copy my finished hex files to a directory where I burn them to chip with a TTL RS-232/USB adapter as I need them.. blink comes to mind as a test file, most useful in hex format and ready to load and go, I like it. Great for 'bare' chips, Pro-Mini's...

Bob
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:06:11 pm by Docedison » Logged

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: