Arduino IDE for Linux on ARM

I wonder if this hasn't already been asked several times, but every time I search for the words(/acronyms) "Arduino", "IDE", "Linux", "ARM", I end up with 10 google result pages talking about writing sketches for an Arduino Due on Ubuntu.

What I would really like to figure out is how to put together a working Arduino IDE, running on Ubuntu (technically the distro is called "Linaro", but it is basically Ubuntu recompiled for ARM processor computers), that will work on my ODROID-X2 (a tiny Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9 computer running at 1.7GHz with 2GB of RAM). The Linaro project has version 1.0 of the Arduino IDE available through their package manager, which is probably going to be OK for my Uno R3 and Mega 2560 R3, but if I ever want to get one of the newest Arduinos I may have to upgrade.

I did clone the Arduino git repo and tried to build the IDE from source, but the build process immediately fails and complains that 'Target "${platform}-build" does not exist in the project "Arduino".'

Now that there are Java JDK options available for both softfloat and hardfloat ARM distributions of Linux, it probably shouldn't be too hard to get the IDE to run on the Linux for ARM platforms. I don't really know enough about it, though, to figure it out on my own.

N0BOX:
I wonder if this hasn't already been asked several times, but every time I search for the words(/acronyms) "Arduino", "IDE", "Linux", "ARM", I end up with 10 google result pages talking about writing sketches for an Arduino Due on Ubuntu.

What I would really like to figure out is how to put together a working Arduino IDE, running on Ubuntu (technically the distro is called "Linaro", but it is basically Ubuntu recompiled for ARM processor computers), that will work on my ODROID-X2 (a tiny Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9 computer running at 1.7GHz with 2GB of RAM). The Linaro project has version 1.0 of the Arduino IDE available through their package manager, which is probably going to be OK for my Uno R3 and Mega 2560 R3, but if I ever want to get one of the newest Arduinos I may have to upgrade.

I did clone the Arduino git repo and tried to build the IDE from source, but the build process immediately fails and complains that 'Target "${platform}-build" does not exist in the project "Arduino".'

Now that there are Java JDK options available for both softfloat and hardfloat ARM distributions of Linux, it probably shouldn't be too hard to get the IDE to run on the Linux for ARM platforms. I don't really know enough about it, though, to figure it out on my own.

It runs on the Debian distro for Raspberry Pi called Raspbian. You might be able to figure it out from there.

Which version of the IDE is it that has been made to run on Raspbian? 1.0.4? 1.5?

I'd really like to get hold of the 1.5 beta.

N0BOX:
Which version of the IDE is it that has been made to run on Raspbian? 1.0.4? 1.5?

Google it.

N0BOX:

It shouldn't matter, since the IDE runs in the JVM anyway and avrdude is the same.