Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno + Bluetooth module ,,, not working (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

jo_2010

i need help with my project

i have arduino uno connected to this Bluetooth module

http://www.lctech-inc.com/Hardware/Detail.aspx?id=684fb223-1a23-4b83-8dbd-4d58c2b3c0cb

this is the code i tried

Code: [Select]
char incomingByte;  // incoming data
int  LED = 13;      // LED pin

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600); // initialization
  pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
  Serial.println("Press 1 to LED ON or 0 to LED OFF...");
}

void loop() {
  if (Serial.available() > 0) {  // if the data came
    incomingByte = Serial.read(); // read byte
    if(incomingByte == '0') {
       digitalWrite(LED, LOW);  // if 1, switch LED Off
       Serial.println("LED OFF. Press 1 to LED ON!");  // print message
    }
    if(incomingByte == '1') {
       digitalWrite(LED, HIGH); // if 0, switch LED on
       Serial.println("LED ON. Press 0 to LED OFF!");
    }
  }
}

iam using windows 8 ,,, i have the following problem :
the projects works fine while connecting the arduino via usb cable & the serial monitor works fine but when trying to connect via laptop bluetooth i got 2 serial ports " com 8 " for incoming ,,, "com 9" for outgoing & nothing happen ,,, i couldn't send or receive anything via the terminal

Nick_Pyner

Have paired the arduino with the laptop?
Do you see flashing lights on the bluetooth module, and if so, what is the frequency?
What terminal pprogramme are you using on the laptop?

jo_2010

Have paired the arduino with the laptop?
Do you see flashing lights on the bluetooth module, and if so, what is the frequency?
What terminal pprogramme are you using on the laptop?

yes i have paired the arduino with my laptop & it shows 2 serial ports for the bluetooth

the lights on the bluetooth are flashing ,,, if you mean by frequency the baud rate it is " 9600 "

the terminal program is tera term  http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/

Nick_Pyner

Mar 21, 2013, 04:26 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 04:28 am by Nick_Pyner Reason: 1

the lights on the bluetooth are flashing ,,, if you mean by frequency the baud rate it is " 9600 "

the terminal program is tera term  

No I meant the led on the module. A slow flash 1hz meant it was working. A much faster flash just meant the power was on and it was idling. I use RealTerm and 9600 bd was fine.

jo_2010

the terminal program is tera term 

No I meant the led on the module. A slow flash 1hz meant it was working. A much faster flash just meant the power was on and it was idling. I use RealTerm and 9600 bd was fine.

the led on the bluetooth are flashing slow after pairing with laptop but still nothing on terminal

Go Up