Go Down

Topic: Servo problems - makes arduino connect and disconnect over and over (Read 6544 times) previous topic - next topic

mrronoah

So I have tried 2 different types of servo and 5 in total and they all do the same thing. I am trying the servo sweep example and it just makes the arduino connect and disconnected every second. The wires are orange to 9, red to + brown to -. and i have tried other combos as well. I have tried different pwm pins and analog pins but it isnt working!!! I think theres something wrong with the arduino.
I have tried different computers, different servos, different wire, different combos of wires, the only thing i havent changed is the arduino. But it (the arduino) works fine with led's and buttons. WTF IS HAPPENING???

keeper63@cox.net

Have you tried using an external supply for the servo? It could be that the servo is drawing too much current, causing a sag and resetting the Arduino. You don't indicate what servo you have (ie, model, manufacturer, etc) nor do you say what "+" and "-" mean, so all I can go on is that you are trying to power the servo from the Arduino itself.

...and yes, while the tutorial shows this, that will only work properly with -some- low-current servos, and not while they are under load; you should always power servos from their own power supply, not from the Arduino's 5 volt regulator.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

zoomkat

Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

mrronoah

I have tried a 6v external which should definitely be sufficient but it still isnt working. With the external battery it does nothing, no buzzing, no sound nothing at all. I'm sure i am doing it right and I double and triple checked using the diagram zoomkat provided.
I have 2 different types of servos but preferably i would like to use the corona.
Corona CS-929MG
TowerPro SG90

JimboZA

I'm sure i am doing it right and I double and triple checked using the diagram zoomkat provided.

Best post a pic of what you have then.... photo of hand drawn sketch would be ok
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

mrronoah

Found the problem. Pretty ashamed to say that the battery was dead. switched it out just now and its working fine
:smiley-red:

JimboZA

the only thing i havent changed is the arduino.

Oh, and the battery...  ]:D
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

Scamper21

Hello ppl...
had the same problem as mrronoah..but that "external supply to servo" solution worked and now it is working fine...
but i have a doubt...
that pin 13 internal led glows when i am using the servo sweep code even though its not defined in d code...
why is that happening? is that ok?
or is my arduino not working properly?

JimboZA

that pin 13 internal led glows when i am using the servo sweep code even though its not defined in d code...
why is that happening? is that ok?
or is my arduino not working properly?

Seems that's nothing to worry about: there's been a lot of discussion about that here, and iirc the led on 13 being on all the time seems to have snuck in on a certain version. I'm hazy on the details. Mine is on by default, and it annoys the crap out of me, so I just throw a digitalWrite in at the top of each sketch to turn it off.

Scamper21

phew! thanks a lot! :)
i feared my arduino was not proper.

Go Up