Go Down

Topic: get an onwire.h error (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

helming

Hi,
if i want to upload my program on my Arduino Due,
i got some error, but i dont understand what they mean...
can you help me?
Code: [Select]
In file included from /Users/Simon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/libraries/DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.h:22,
                 from wifiTestServer.ino:1:
/Users/Simon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/libraries/OneWire/OneWire.h:77: error: #error "Please define I/O register types here"
/Users/Simon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/libraries/OneWire/OneWire.h:84: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type
/Users/Simon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/libraries/OneWire/OneWire.h:85: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'IO_REG_TYPE' with no type
/Users/Simon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/libraries/OneWire/OneWire.h:85: error: expected ';' before '*' token
wifiTestServer.ino: In function 'void sendMessage(float)':
wifiTestServer:148: error: 'PSTR' was not declared in this scope

Thanks

Paul Stoffregen

Mar 21, 2013, 12:37 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 12:39 pm by Paul Stoffregen Reason: 1
Maybe you have OneWire version 2.1 or 2.0 ?

Version 2.2 added support for Due.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_OneWire.html

However, it may not be stable/reliable until Arduino 1.5.3 is released.  Try the nightly build if 1.5.2 doesn't work.

helming

Mar 21, 2013, 12:58 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 01:00 pm by helming Reason: 1
i updated my both librarys, Dallas and OneWire, now i got

wifiTestServer.ino: In function 'void sendMessage(float)':
wifiTestServer:138: error: 'PSTR' was not declared in this scope

void sendMessage(float value)
{
 client.println(F("HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nContent-Type: text/html\r\nContent-length: 29\r\n\r\n"));
 client.println();
 client.println(F("<html>"));
 client.println("<body>");
 client.println(value);
 client.println("C");
 client.println("</body>");
 client.println(F("</html>"));
 delay(1);
 char c = client.read();
}

found the mistake thankssssssss

basline

I'm having a very similar problem getting onewire library going on my Due. I have the nightly build of the of IDE 1.5.2, from http://downloads.arduino.cc/arduino-nightly-windows.zip, and the version 2.2 of the onewire library from the link above. However every time I try to compile the DS18x20_Temperature sketch I get this error:

Arduino: nightly (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Due (Programming Port)"
In file included from DS18x20_Temperature.pde:1:
C:\Users\laptop\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:77: error: #error "Please define I/O register types here"
C:\Users\laptop\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:84: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type
C:\Users\laptop\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:85: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'IO_REG_TYPE' with no type
C:\Users\laptop\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:85: error: expected ';' before '*' token

Any ideas? I got a Due in order to have a much easier time running the display for my project that is already mounted in the control panel. I'm new to arduino and to C++ but not to programing. Totally stumped here, worried I'm going to end up over my head in the code of the library.
Thanks

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy