Go Down

Topic: What does this Error mean and can I fix it? (Read 974 times) previous topic - next topic

Mar 21, 2013, 05:29 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 05:39 pm by LufiaCloud Reason: 1
I am trying to program my joystick shield to be able to just activate a button and I continue to get this error. I even have the arduino library for buttons and I still get this error. What is my problem and is it fixable? Thanks! -A Highschool Student

Code: [Select]
*  buttons.h
*  One-shot and hold functions for buttons.
*  Created by Franky on 29/01/09.
*  Licensed under LGPL (free to modify and use as you wish)

#include <inttypes.h>

#define OneShot 0
#define Memory 1
#define Timer 2
#define OneShotTimer 3
#define MemoryTimer 4

#define ON 1
#define OFF 0
#define Pressed 2
#define Released 3
#define Hold 4

typedef uint8_t byte;

class Button {
Button(byte type);
void assign(byte pin);
byte check();
byte check(byte mode_v);
// Setters
void setMode(byte type_v);
void setTimer(unsigned int t);
void setRefresh(unsigned int r);
void turnOnPullUp();
void turnOffPullUp();

byte pin;
byte mode;
unsigned long hold_timer;
unsigned long refresh_timer;
unsigned int hold_level;
unsigned int hold_refresh;
bool previous;

Button modes:

- OneShot: OneShot only, returns 2 values (ON/OFF)
- Memory: Returns (Pressed/ON/Released/OFF)
- Timer: Hold System (OFF/ON/Hold)
- OneShotTimer: Combi OneShot & Timer (ON/Hold/OFF)
- MemoryTimer: Combi Memory & Timer

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\IAN\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3-windows\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\IAN\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3-windows\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'

Mar 21, 2013, 05:37 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 05:39 pm by Shpaget Reason: 1
Please post your entire code, using code tags.

I would also hazard a guess and say: Yes, it is fixable. But not until you show us what needs fixing.

I think you will have to post your sketch for anyone to help you on this matter. Use the code tag # above the edit window and past your sketch into it.

The message means your sketch has no loop or setup functions.

But it looks like a library you are compiling.  You need a test sketch to use the library perhaps?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

I am a beginner at coding and all I know is that for my project (I have an Uno) I need to write a code that would send a serial over when I press a button to either c# or c++ that would read it and then transfer that into a keystroke. (I am trying to play emulator games, mainly Megaman)

I need to write a code that would send a serial over when I press a button to either c# or c++ that would read it and then transfer that into a keystroke
It sounds like you are going to need a Leonardo, not an UNO.
My GitHub:

The code you posted is just a C++ header file and cannot compile by itself. The Arduino IDE is primarily designed to compile Arduino sketches, which are C/C++ files with two mandatory functions, setup() and loop(). But before coding your Button class you should become familiar with how Arduino manages pushbuttons, both in hardware (digital pins, pull-up and pull-down resistors) and software (digitalRead). In the Learning and Reference section of the main Arduino site you will find tutorials and examples. From the IDE you can select File - Examples - 02.Digital - Button, just to get you started.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131