Go Down

Topic: Interfacing Hall-Effect current sensor with Due? (Read 875 times) previous topic - next topic

JChrispy58

Hello,

I am in the middle of my senior design project which is only a current measurement device capable of measuring current accurately from .5mA up to 20 A.  I decided to go with using several different sizes of hall-effect sensors and switching between them based on the incoming current.  I decided to go with using an Arduino Due because of the simplicity that the DAC pins give me.

Well, now that you know a little about my project, the issue I am having is that all of the current sensors output 5 volts analog and the Due can only read 3.3 volts.  I've found that the Aref pin is unable to used on the due.  I also don't feel like just using a voltage divider will give me the accuracy that I want.

My question is...is there a quick and nerdy, yet accurate way to read these 5 volt analog signals with my Due.  If this is really easy to solve, just remember I'm still a student and unaware of a lot of the shelf technology that's out there.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy