Go Down

Topic: Kinect 360 with Xbee (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

behwc

I am doing a project to do 3D mapping using Kinect 360, if i would want to collect the data from kinect sensor wirelessly using Xbee to MATLAB in my computer, is the Xbee able to transfer the data from kinect to computer? Thanks.

Grumpy_Mike

is the Xbee able to transfer the data from kinect to computer

It is but you will first have to get the data from the kinect, you can't do this on an Arduino due to memory restrictions and the fact that the kinect requires a USB host connection.

It might be possible to do this on a Yun because that runs Linux and maybe there is a Linux driver for the kinect.

behwc

It is but you will first have to get the data from the kinect, you can't do this on an Arduino due to memory restrictions and the fact that the kinect requires a USB host connection.

It might be possible to do this on a Yun because that runs Linux and maybe there is a Linux driver for the kinect.

Hi, actually I am not going to use arduino to process the data. Currently I am collecting the data from kinect to computer through USB, so I plan to transfer the data wirelessly using Xbee with the xbee starter kit only.

But i notice that kinect requires USB 2.0, so i am not sure that XBee is able to transfer at the data rate or not.

Grumpy_Mike

so i am not sure that XBee is able to transfer at the data rate or not.

It can't, not in real time at least.

actually I am not going to use arduino to process the data.

So given that this is an Arduino forum what role do you expect the Arduino to have?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy