Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Uno won't power up when in circuit  (Read 598 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi
I am using the Arduino Uno R3 for my guitar pedal and have soldered all of my components into the maker shield and everything is connected correctly as far as i can see. I have also tested the connections with a multimeter. The arduino itself works no problem when by itself and powered by the USB but when it is in the circuit and connected to the USB or the actual 9Volt battery in the circuit i get nothing at all not even the power switch on the Arduino. Im sure its something simple causing the problem but i cant seem to figure it out.
Any help would be great!
thanks~!

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Do you have a schematic?

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

View Profile

http://www.instructables.com/file/F6DPG7PGZMIUHMJ this is it here!

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

but when it is in the circuit and connected to the USB or the actual 9Volt battery in the circuit i get nothing at all not even the power switch on the Arduino.
1) the battery is flat.
or
2) you have wired it up wrong and either are not supplying power to the arduino or there is a short.

YES! It is possible. Even Impossible Says I m Possible. :)
View Profile

There must be some issue with the power lines. Make sure That the positive & negatives are properly soldered & positioned. I shall suggest you to do the circuit in a fresh breadboard/prototyping board & check if it works or not. This is good practice to do the circuit in the breadboard first & then make it on a veroboard.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Einstein

View Profile

i had breadboarded it and everything worked accordingly beforehand... should the voltage at pin a0 and the 5v be checked when the circuit is in full swing and connected to the amplifier? when i connect the usb to power the circuit the arduino heats up very quickly so i havnt tried to do that again. the battery isnt flat either i checked it

UK
Faraday Member
Where is your SSCCE?!?!
View Profile

i had breadboarded it and everything worked accordingly beforehand... should the voltage at pin a0 and the 5v be checked when the circuit is in full swing and connected to the amplifier? when i connect the usb to power the circuit the arduino heats up very quickly so i havnt tried to do that again. the battery isnt flat either i checked it
You have a short somewhere.  Check your wiring carfully.

Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: