Go Down

Topic: Leonard + nRF2401a (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

fungus

I would like to interface nrf2401a with arduino leonard. As i can guess, nrf2401a do not supports spi, right?

A good place to start would be to read the nrf2401a datasheet. There's a chapter called "SPI interface", and a whole lot of other useful information.

Google "nrf2401a+ datasheet".

(I hope you got the nrf2401a+, not the nrf2401a...)
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

SurferTim

As long as we are mentioning datasheets, insure you are using the correct pins for the SPI data lines.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardLeonardo

SPI: on the ICSP header. These pins support SPI communication using the SPI library. Note that the SPI pins are not connected to any of the digital I/O pins as they are on the Uno, They are only available on the ICSP connector. This means that if you have a shield that uses SPI, but does NOT have a 6-pin ICSP connector that connects to the Leonardo's 6-pin ICSP header, the shield will not work.

oric_dan

Before you interface, check what voltage levels the RF module will take. I know for the
nRF2401+, but you'll have to find it yourself for this one. If you connect 5V to 3.3V pins,
you'll blow the module.

The nRF2401+ is 5V tolerant.

Well, "I" know that, but he has an nRF2401A, not an nRF2401+, and in addition, HE should
be checking these things HIMSELF before hooking up, not simply ignoring the datasheet
and barging ahead! Help teach the guy to fish, don't simply hand him a free fish.

alexe100

Thank you
About the sheets, for a person with non electronic native skills it is dificult to understand sme terms and concepts referred in data sheet, like preamble, etc.
I just want to have the two NRF2401 sending and receiveing, then I will develop my high level comm layer or an entire stack above this...

For now I am trying this:
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/InterfacingWithHardware/Nrf2401

Alex

Go Up