Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Programming the ATTiny85 with an Arduino Mega: Not in sync  (Read 500 times)
Europe, Malta
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've read all over the internet but I can't find a solution to this problem.

I'm going to show you what I did with photos and screenshots, as it's easier to understand  smiley

Does anyone know what I did wrong and why it's not "in sync"? If you need further details please tell me. Thanks!

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Does anyone know what I did wrong and why it's not "in sync"? If you need further details please tell me. Thanks!

I think the problem is in your last step where you hit upload, That thinks it's going to be linking up with a bootloader program on the target instead of using ISP to upload.

I think you just have to use the 'upload using programmer' option in the main files menu of the IDE to burn the sketch to the target tiny85 chip using your mega board running the arduinoISP sketch as the 'hardware programmer'.

Lefty

Europe, Malta
View Profile

Just tried that.

I still get the same problem unfortunately.

Code:
Binary sketch size: 392 bytes (of a 8,192 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xe2

Any other ideas?

By the way, I see it uploading with a green bar before it gives up.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:21:01 am by Davste » Logged

Europe, Malta
View Profile

I removed the capacitor, set the board to Arduino mega 2560, and uploaded the Arduino ISP sketch.
Then, I set the board back to ATTiny85, and tried to upload a sketch to make an LED blink.

Code:
void setup()
{
 pinMode(0, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
 digitalWrite(0, HIGH);
 delay(1000);
 digitalWrite(0, LOW);
}

Now I'm getting this:
Code:
avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny85
avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny85

Europe, Malta
View Profile

I removed the capacitor, set the board to Arduino mega 2560, and uploaded the Arduino ISP sketch.
Then, I put the capacitor again, set the board back to ATTiny85, and tried to upload a sketch to make an LED blink.

Code:
void setup()
{
 pinMode(0, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
 digitalWrite(0, HIGH);
 delay(1000);
 digitalWrite(0, LOW);
}

Now I'm getting this:
Code:

Europe, Malta
View Profile

Don't ask me how, or why... I just did everything again from scratch and it worked... thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: