Thank you hiduino for all your help so far! The programmer is now updated and I have run through some more tests to pinpoint what the original problem is. Here's a summary so far:
- Verification error when uploading bootloader
- USBasp programmer updated, "set sck" warning gone
Still a problem:
Uploading of sketches via Bootloader
- Direct uploaded sketches (via programmer) don't run
- Uploaded sketches via bootloader works only first time then timeout from board, sketch runs fine until chip erase
After the bootloader have been uploaded (now with 100% success rate) I can upload a skech via the serial link to the bootloader one time
. This can be directly after the bootloader have been uploaded or after everything have been disconnected and reconnected. One time and then the following attempts receive this timeout message.
Using Port : \\.\COM14
Using Programmer : wiring
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: wiring_open(): releasing DTR/RTS
avrdude: wiring_open(): asserting DTR/RTS
avrdude: Send: . [1b] .  .  .  . [0e] .  . 
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude done. Thank you.
Reading the end of the verbose makes you think it is the programmer which in this case is the board/bootloader that is the problem right?Direct uploading of sketches
So far no attempts have been successful, I have tried the following:
- Upload via programmer after chip erase (Empty flash)
- Upload via programmer after Bootloader successfully uploaded
- Arduino HEX file uploaded via (3th party software) "eXtreme Burner - AVR"
- Simple blink firmware written in AVR studio
So far It seems like it is not the actual hardware that causes problem, programming in a certain sequence always works out, but it may have to do with how the MCU boots up?
What really makes no sense is that even simple firmware written in AVRStudio won't run but a bootloader will, any ideas?