Go Down

Topic: RF question (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dvdput

There is a reason it is called a 'pipe' and not and 'addres'. Two units communicating with each other only need 1 pipe, not 2 as you are saying. So the topic starter is doing it OK with using 2 different pipe addresses to keep the 2 pairs from seeing each other.
Using different channels is advisable if there is a lot of traffic between the pairs. Then they won't disrupt each other communication.

sonh

hi Croft and dvdput,

thanks a lot for your clear explanation. I'll try all your inputs to exercise my knowledge. For my current project, one way communication is good enough.

cheer  :)

crofter

dvdput,

It may be called a pipe but it is only a one way pipe for transferring information. The only data passing the other way down the pipe are the automatic acks in Enhanced Shockburst mode. So I agree if sonh just needs one way communication his approach is fine.
I would always put each pair on a different frequency as it is 1 line of code to implement and will ensure no interference between the systems.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy