Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Xbee, Arduino Due and wireless Sketch Upload  (Read 1092 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All,

I have been working on a project for 4 months now and I have left this part to do at the end.

I had to upgrade my project to work with the Arduino Due as I needed more ram and speed.

I am now trying to get my Arduino Due to have the ability to get a sketch uploaded with an Xbee ZB S2 wireless module. I need this to happen as I will have 50 of these boards out in the fields and I need to be able to upload any updates to the sketches wireless. The boards will be sealed in weather proof boxes and I don't want to go around to each one to plug in and upload the new sketch.

I know there is a way to do the upload with the Arduino Uno and I have got it to work but the Uno doesn't have the power I need.

Does anyone have any idea about doing this or if it is even possible.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile

Hi All,

Looks like no one has a clue about this.

I have been doing some research into how to do this and I hope I'm on the right track.

I will say what I am going to try and someone might be able to pick me up and tell me if I'm doing it right.

I have removed the erase button off the Arduino Due, I have soldered a wire onto the ERASE_S line, I am going to get the Xbee to send a packet to make the Xbee attached to the due to set one of the digital pins to high. This will be connected to a NPN transistor which will first give 3.3v to the ERASE_S line to erase the due, then reset the whole board.

Then I will send through the sketch to upload it.

Does anyone see any problem with my plan. Will it work do you think??

Anyones comments would be very much appreciated...

Michigan
IR Combat
View Profile

I don't know, but I would love this capability.  I gave up on wireless programming since the FIO firmware apparently does not support the XBEE in API mode...

IR Combat laser tag developer/inventor

SW Arkansas
View Profile

This should work on the Due without level shifting. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.
 http://letsmakerobots.com/node/23869

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: