Go Down

Topic: How much soldering should one do per day? (Read 4229 times) previous topic - next topic

Valalvax

pwillard

It does take practice... but not a lot.  Just learn to respect and understand the solder and the process.  You can be making nice clean shiny joints without too much time spent.  (assuming you are trying)

I may not solder something for over a month or two but then build 3 or four boards and all are fine... (and nice looking).

But...  I will admit I do *have* had a lot of years... in 1978 I ran a wave solder machine doing ~150 1' by 2' boards per day.  It included trimming the leads as well and after job that I went on to assemble small run boards for the A/V sales group... so for a short while, it was more than a hobby.

Udo Klein

@sptrks: I do not agree with the SMD considered harder idea. I believed this for years and sticked to TTH for a long time. However by now I know that SMD is actually much easier to solder. The hardest part is placing the tiny parts. Soldering them is definitely much easier. However it is a good idea to stick to leaded solder.

Udo
Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Divyanshu

|I love Technology|

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy