Go Down

Topic: Satellite Comunications (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

sonnyyu

Jun 17, 2013, 05:32 pm Last Edit: Jun 17, 2013, 05:36 pm by sonnyyu Reason: 1

I need to send data from an Arduino data logger to remote SQL server, ...

I did one mini concept proof Arduino data logger project a while ago, which use remote NoSQL server.
NoSQL give a way better speed, scalable, hardware requirement than SQL server.

Use NoSQL might help you get rise as well.  :P

sonnyyu

plan B.  upgrade it to 4G Wimax

Does 4g Wimax work at a greater altitude than 2g? that's the underlying issue. The only reason I'm considering going to satellite is that I know it will work at almost any altitude.

Regards

No.

RudiAhlers

I need to send data from an Arduino data logger to remote SQL server, ...

I did one mini concept proof Arduino data logger project a while ago, which use remote NoSQL server.
NoSQL give a way better speed, scalable, hardware requirement than SQL server.

Use NoSQL might help you get rise as well.  :P

We already have a PHP + MySQL application for our purposes and I just need to get the data to the server, reliably.

sbright33

He did it!  Works great!  Rockblock Library for Arduino:

http://arduiniana.org/libraries/iridiumsbd/
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

JonnyRadu

Just use a radio modem in 400 Mhz band UHF , with FSK or QFSK modulation or other, you do not get the high data rate like the modem but with a power amplifier of 6 to 10 W and a directive high gain antenna you cold receive the data with no problem from space. Of course you shod have a transceiver or the proper equipment, antenna, etc at the receiving side. See APRS ISS transmission from space for reference.
Also there are radio repeater satellites for HAM radio use if you can send data threw thous. Up link in VHF and Down link in UHF and so on. 

Go Up