Go Down

Topic: iTead Chemical Etch Stencil (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Constantin

Hi All,

Just wanted to report on my latest iTead/iMall acquisition, a stainless stencil to accompany two boards I was ordering also. The stencil came mounted on a (welded!) sturdy Al frame and nicely sealed against the edges (white rubber cement and Al-Tape on the other side). I simultaneously ordered two 10x10cm boards and asked them to merge the two top pad layer Gerbers into one stencil, as the allowable area is 20x10cm, i.e. perfect for this application.

I am very grateful to iTead, which did the merge and also sent me a confirmation PDF. The stencil came with the boards, all are beautiful. The stencil is the 'chemical etch' kind, i.e. the one advertised for products that do not require a fine pitch, while the laser stencil is advertised for high-precision applications. FWIW, one of the parts on the stencil is a 28-pin TSSOP, and the holes are perfect (0.65mm pitch).

While this service is not nearly as quick as Pololu can be with its laser-cut Mylar stencils, the price (if you buy a 20x30cm stencil for two 10x10cm parts at a time) is virtually the same. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with Pololu and its stencil service - I recommend it to everyone - but iTead has just given me a very good reason to send them my stencil as well as my PCB business.

FWIW, packaging was a sturdy cardboard box and shipping to NA using DHL was $28, IIRC.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy