Go Down

Topic: Arduino or Clone? which do you have most of? (Read 5078 times) previous topic - next topic

Si

With such cheap clones on eBay, how popular are the official boards?
--
I write books about Arduino and Electronics: http://simonmonk.org

Osgeld

I had a RBBB, but it started to get worn out and I goofed it up so I made my own

If I was going for a shield compatible model, I would go for one of the name brand ones instead of brand X ebay china model depending on the features I wanted / needed
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

samward

At the moment I have a number of genuine boards.  But that s more by virtue of the fact that I was after the newer board (Uno and Mega), and at the time I was buying equivalent clones were not available.

CowJam

I've got one arduino, two DFRduinos and a build-your-own on a breadboard thing.

donkahones

I have one arduino to use for proto-typing and then a bunch of breadboard or build your own for permanent installations.  THe official arduionos are a lot easier to work with but I cannot see leaving it dedicated to a single project for very long.

Jeremy1998

westfw

I avoid the exact ("pirate") clones, but have a bunch of BBB, boarduino, Freeduino ("value added clones"), and homemade boards.

Nachtwind

I have no EBay clones (thats somethign different in my opinion). I just use a PICO 328 and a Seeeduino Mega.
Why?
The PICO was one of it's kind back then (Small form factor 328, way before an official one that way) and i just like the seeeduinos more due to their breadboard and prototype board compatibility, mini usb and auto-reset features.
Believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid[ch8230] and I went ahead

flapjackboy

Nov 11, 2010, 01:50 pm Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010, 01:51 pm by flapjackboy Reason: 1
Got a Duemilanove and a DFRMega, so one of each.

prawnstar

just got me an uno also first post weee  :P

pwillard

So how do you count a DIY "Severino" based on documentation on the Arduino site?

retrolefty

So how do you count a DIY "Severino" based on documentation on the Arduino site?

I would just call it a DIYuino.  ;)

Lefty

pluggy

Nov 12, 2010, 10:54 am Last Edit: Nov 12, 2010, 10:56 am by stephen_t Reason: 1
2 Genuine Duemilanoves
1 Ebay Duemilanove
1 RBB
4 Homebrews aka DIYuino (lumps of stripboard usually).
http://pluggy.is-a-geek.com/index.html

MarkT

I would have more official Arduinos than clones (mainly Pro Mini) if it wasn't for the board I've designed myself -- because not even a pro mini fits in a hula hoop!
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy